Walk Local is a unique private tour company offering travellers an unforgettable journey through Italy and Australia’s Barossa Valley. With many tours to choose from, either multi-day backpack walking, one day walks or in the comfort of a spacious minivan, you will experience both Italy and the Barossa Valley as only the locals do. We uncover the local delights – the incredible natural beauty, fabulous food and wine, art, history and unique culture. We cater for the mature traveller, singles or couples. You are given personal service and local experiences with a small group maximum 10 people. We make sure that all your needs are taken care of whilst on tour, with plenty of time to relax and enjoy yourself.
Our tours can also be customised to your interests:
- Italian Gardens; Australian native flora and fauna; Wine appreciation; Cooking lessons; History, Art & Music; Hiking and Health; Sightseeing and Shopping
along with our group of experts, we create a holiday that is just right for you.
Owner and Tour Manager, Carolyn Travers is passionate about travelling and a lover of the great outdoors. Carolyn is a Gardens Designer/Horticulturist and has been walking, playing sport and embracing the great outdoors her whole life. She founded Walk Local Italy after an amazing journey walking with her fourteen-year-old son from Lucca to Rome on the pilgrimage trail, the Via Francigena. She subsequently moved to the hills of Tuscany and renovated a 500 year old farmhouse. Carolyn now divides her time between Tuscany and the Barossa Valley and accompanies travellers on their unique journeys. Her local knowledge – the hidden gems and off the beaten track experiences, combined with her love of the outdoors and wonderful zest for life, ensures you will experience the very best of what Italy and the Barossa Valley have to offer in a relaxed, informal and fun way.
- Fully Escorted experiences
- Tour group to a maximum of 10 people, ensures we offer personalised tours where every member of the group receives the undivided attention they deserve
- Total immersion in the local way of life – history, culture, traditions, food, wine and the warm hospitality of the locals.
- Spacious minivan and small groups, with a fun guide eager to share the region’s history and highlights.
- See the very best of beautiful classic Tuscany,the glorious coastline of the Cinque Terre, iconic sites of the cities of Florence, Pisa and Lucca and the great Australian bushland with iconic native flora and fauna, glorious views over the vineyards and farmland of the Barossa Valley, combined with fabulous food and wine experiences.
Come and join one of Walk Local’s unique private tours and enjoy either Italy or the Barossa Valley like a local.